WhatsApp is a popular channel for customer support and sales, the benefits of which are already being used by a huge number of companies around the world. The main features of this communication channel are reaching users first, having access to all previous correspondence that was before the integration was connected.
Integration with WhatsApp allows you to record all calls in Umnico application, receive messages from customers and users who write to WhatsApp in the same way as you receive messages in the program of the messenger or social media. You will no longer lose a single message from a client, and all communication with them will be available on request. Moreover, the data of the dialogues can be systematized and analyzed.
Integration with WhatsApp is useful for any business. However, the most active users of this business messenger are medium and small businesses, clothing stores, beauty salons, online stores and others.
Umnico uses a robust integration mechanism to aggregate all messages from WhatsApp, so that not only text messages but also documents and multimedia files can be exchanged without delay.
Before setting up the integration, we strongly recommend you close all other WhatsApp Web sessions by opening WhatsApp application, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, select “Linked devices”, select a device from the list and click on “Log out” button.
1. In your personal Umnico account, select “Settings — Integrations — WhatsApp Web”.
2. The connection window with a QR code will open. After that, open WhatsApp application. Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and select Linked devices. QR code scanner will open.
3. Scan the QR code from Umnico with your phone.
4. The connection window will close and WhatsApp Web integration will appear with the number in “Connected”. From now on, all messages from WhatsApp will go to Umnico.
WhatsApp supports only one Web chat line, i.e., opening another WhatsApp Web line will stop the current integration.
To make the integration process work quickly and smoothly, adhere the following rules:
1. The phone with WhatsApp application should be on charge and not in “Power Saving” mode.
2. The phone is connected to a stable, high-speed internet connection. It is important that the connection speed is above 40 Mb/s. We recommend checking the speed in advance for the stable functioning on 2ip.ru, speedtest.net and others.
3. WhatsApp application must be active and not minimized on the phone.
4. Your phone screen should be active or configured to work with the screen off.
5. Cellular calls should not be made on the phone; it is in a static position.
6. No running third-party applications actively consuming Internet traffic.
7. No traffic control by any software: antiviruses, firewalls, or blockers.
Watch a video tutorial on our YouTube channel, which explains how to enable integration with WhatsApp:
Umnico provides equipment and space in its data center if needed. Check out the details in the “Help — Chat with the operator” section.
Should you have any issues connecting this integration, please contact Umnico support in the “Help — Chat with the operator” section. We will be glad to assist.