Facebook Messenger is a highly effective communication platform that reaches a wide range of customers worldwide. It serves as an ideal channel for both customer support and selling goods and services as it allows you to engage with users who visit the company’s Facebook page.
By integrating Umnico with Facebook Messenger, you gain the ability to monitor customer inquiries and receive messages from Facebook users directly within the Umnico app. This integration ensures that no client is left without attention, as all conversations can be accessed in Umnico, while the data can be organized and analyzed for valuable insights.
Umnico employs the official integration mechanism to process messages from Facebook Messenger. This enables prompt and stable exchange of not only text but also media files with customers.
To set up the integration, log in to Facebook with Owner or Administrator rights for the chosen Facebook page.
1. Go to “Settings — Integrations — Facebook Messenger”.
2. In the window that opens, click “Connect”. A tab with Facebook will appear.
3. Next, in the query window, click “Change settings”.
4. If you have an Instagram business account linked to this account, the app will request access to it as well. Select the relevant account and click “Next”.
5. Select Facebook pages to connect to Umnico. Click “Next”.
6. Provide access permissions to Umnico. It is important not to change anything because this directly affects the integration functioning. Click “Done”.
7. Facebook integration is complete. Click “OK”.
8. You are returned to Umnico. Select the Facebook group you want to connect to Umnico. Click “Connect”.
9. The integration with Facebook Messenger of the selected Facebook group will appear in the “Connected” section. From now on, all the group’s messages will be sent to Umnico.
You can also watch our video tutorial that explains how to enable integration with Facebook Messenger:
Should you encounter any issues, please contact Umnico support in the “Help — Chat with the operator” section. We’ll be glad to help.
If you are only starting with Facebook Messenger, check our guide to what Facebook Messenger statuses and symbols mean.